The Stopfor® B trailing rope grab is specially designed to be incorporated in a fall arrest or travel restraint system where worker mobility and fall protection is required. This innovative fall arrester is developed around the roll-over cam braking principle where in the event of a fall, the unit rotates to exert pressure on the cam axle to effectively stop the fall. This is accompanied by the introduction of friction via a bend within the lifeline. This ingenuity in design introduces a fall deceleration distance that is exceptionally smooth, controlled, and low in force. The unit will function impeccably in a panic grab scenario.
The design of the Stopfor® B offers impeccable auto travel in both ascent and descent mode. Because the device functions without a locking jaw, little damage to the lifeline is caused when dynamically loaded. The Stopfor® B is offered in two models, WB58 and WB58P. Model WB58P includes a park feature that allows the rope grab to remain in a selected position on the lifeline. e. Tractel recommends to use a lanyard with a maximum length of 3 ft. (0.9 m).
- Rope grab is constructed of steel with a zinc-dichromate finish
- A unique gravity roller which prevents upside down installation of the rope grab on the lifeline
- Can be easily attached or removed at any point on the lifeline
- 15/16-in. (33 mm) diameter hole allows for a variety of hook sizes
- Capacity is 310 lbs. (140 kg), one person, including clothing and tools
- Rotating side plates
- Captive lock system via self-locking attachment
- Roll-over cam braking system minimizes wear
Type of Lifeline:
- Tractel’s 5 ⁄8-in. (16 mm) polyblend three strand rope (G9058)
- Tractel’s 5 ⁄8-in. (16 mm) Superline three strand rope (G8058)
- Window washing
- Suspended stages
- Scaffolding structure
- Confined space
- ANSI Z359.1-1999 and ANSI A10.32-2004
- OSHA 1926
- CSA Z259.2.1-1998 (R04), class ADP
Warning: Not for use on natural fiber lifelines such as manila or cotton, or lifelines constructed from non-continuous fibers.