With a reputation for building some of the finest carabiners it the world, it should be no surprise that SMC was the first US manufacturer of stainless steel carabiners and is still the market leader. Available in two sizes, it is the Lite Stainless Steel Locking Carabiner that is the best selling model.
Nearly identical in size and shape as our best selling regular Steel Carabiner. All the components in this carabiner are meticulously hand-finished after machining, resulting in the smooth, free gate action that is the hallmark of all SMC carabiners. In addition, each carabiner is 100% hand-inspected for gate action and other functional characteristics before leaving the SMC factory. Look if you like but the chances are you’ll not find a better stainless steel carabiner anywhere.
So, when working in an environment where there may be the potential for exposure to corrosive elements, the SMC Lite Stainless Steel Locking Carabiner is the perfect choice.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Made in the USA.
- May be purchased either with a Bright (polished) or Black-Oxide finish.
- Thread design and medium knurl provide a positive action for secure use with gloves yet is easy on bare hands.
- Pins are flush-mounted with gate for a virtually snag-free operation.
- Sleeve is precisely aligned by hand so that it moves freely and locks on gate not the frame thus prevents jamming upon release under heavy loads.
- One of the smallest and lightest stainless steel carabiner on the market.
- Manufactured entirely with high quality Stainless Steel for trouble-free performance for the life of the carabiner.
- Model #: 100003 (Bright), 100007 (Black)
- Material: Stainless Steel
- Finish: Natural
- Dimensions: 4.52″ x 2.70″
- Gate opening: 0.94”
- Weight: 6.0 oz (170 g)
- 3 Sigma test:
- Major axis– 33kN (7,418 lbf)
- Minor axis– 10kN (2,248 lbf)
- Gate open– 8kN (1,798 lbf)