DMM BOA Aluminum Kwik locking carabiner
The Boa is a large and very strong offset HMS carabiner with a massive gate opening. The offset shape gives the Boa a lot of extra strength without compromising it’s core function as a HMS, this means that not only can it handle standard HMS duties well – belaying, italian hitches – but it provides a lot of extra capacity and safety when it comes to rigging.
This is the Quicklock version that has two way action – twist and open. It is also available with a Locksafe barrel that has a 3 way action that adds an extra degree of safety, but is not as easy to open one handed.
The Boa uses a 7075 barrel with great push-in strength and has a non-binding gate that won’t lock-up when the biner is tightened under load.
- Approved to EN362:2004/B
- Approved to ANSI Z359.1(07)
- NSN 8465-99-151-3956
- Large HMS shape provides increased internal volume and gate clearance
- I Beam section for increased strength to weight ratio
- Keylock clean nose and fully heat treated aluminium for lightness and maximum strength
- Anodised to BS12373-2001 Class 10E1 Sealed for corrosion protection
- Recommended as a belaying carabiner in conjunction with dymanic nylon ropes
- Individually marked for traceability
- Made in Wales, UK